After School Attendant (for current TPCS high school students ONLY)
Under supervision of the Before and After School Care (BASC) Director, the Attendant will perform a variety of instructional activities, assist in creating, organizing and directing a program and environment favorable to learning and personal growth for Traders Point Christian Schools students.
Reports to: BASC Director
The Attendant will assist in implementing recreational and instructional activities for students and providing for the physical, emotional, and instructional needs of the students along with a safe, structured, and nurturing learning environment for each enrolled student. As an employee at TPCS, you are expected to instruct and model important religious functions that include Bible instruction, prayer, participation in weekly chapels, and other religious duties. At TPCS, your role involves a pastoral element whereby through example and direct instruction, you are acting as a minister of our Christian faith.
The Attendant is a Christian with an authentic and a maturing personal relationship with Jesus Christ in both their professional and personal life with a calling and commitment to Christian education. The ideal Attendant must have the desire to work closely and nurture a positive relationship with students, teachers, parents, staff, school administrators and community members. The Attendant must demonstrate respect for all students and community members. The ability to exercise good judgment, set a good example and comply with school standards is a must as well as the ability to deal with sensitive and confidential issues in a tactful and professional manner. Must be able to address concerns and offer suggestions in an appropriate and confidential manner.
- Provide direct supervision of young children, knowing needs and keeping a close eye on their activities and location. Supervise students grades K through 8 in a study hall-like atmosphere
- Move throughout Before and After School Care area or around playground (when weather permits) to effectively interact with children
- Interact with students in both a group and one-on-one basis verbally and physically to provide a safe and supportive environment
- Prepare and clean up daily activities, games and arts/craft projects, encouraging students’ participation in activities and clean up
- Assist with homework and other school projects the students may have
- Encourage and lead by example the mission and core values of Traders Point Christian Academy
Exempt Status: Non-exempt, hourly
Work Schedule: Academic Year