Before and After School Attendant
Under supervision of the Before and After School Care (BASC) coordinator, the Attendant will perform a variety of instructional activities, assist in creating, organizing and directing a program and environment favorable to learning and personal growth for Traders Point Christian Academy students.
Reports to: BASC Coordinator
The Attendant will assist in implementing recreational and instructional activities for students and providing for the physical, emotional, and instructional needs of the students along with a safe, structured, and nurturing learning environment for each enrolled student.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
GED or High School Diploma is required
1-2 years of experience in childcare or education preferred
The Attendant is a Christian with an authentic and a mature personal relationship with Jesus Christ in both their professional and personal life with a calling and commitment to Christian education. The ideal Attendant must have the desire to work closely and nurture a positive relationship with students, teachers, parents, staff, school administrators and community members. The Attendant must demonstrate respect for all students and community members. The ability to exercise good judgment, set a good example and comply with school standards is a must as well as the ability to deal with sensitive and confidential issues in a tactful and professional manner. Must be able to address concerns and offer suggestions in an appropriate and confidential manner.
- Provide direct supervision of young children, knowing needs and keeping a close eye on their activities and location. Supervise students grades K through 8 in a study hall-like atmosphere
- Move throughout Before and After School Care area or around playground (when weather permits) to effectively interact with children
- Interact with students in both a group and one-on-one basis verbally and physically to provide a safe and supportive environment
- Prepare and clean up daily activities, games and arts/craft projects, encouraging students’ participation in activities and clean up
- Assist with homework and other school projects the students may have
- Encourage and lead by example the mission and core values of Traders Point Christian Academy
Exempt Status: Non-exempt, hourly
Work Schedule: Academic Year